The Chicago Area Polymer Clay Guild (CAPCG) is dedicated to the study, promotion, discussion, and exchange of information on polymer clay and its evolving role in both art and craft. Our goal is to educate our members and the general public about the artistic importance of polymer clay and to encourage celebration of its amazing, creative versatility.
Members and friends of the CAPCG are welcome to join our Facebook Group.
The Chicago Area Polymer Clay Guild welcomes everyone who loves polymer clay.
Paid members are entitled to these benefits:
- Free attendance at monthly meetings, which feature demonstrations, lectures, and member show-and-tell
- Access to our extensive Guild Library
- First chance to sign up for workshops and retreats sponsored by CAPCG
Membership dues are $25 per year, and the membership year begins March 1. New members who join after September 1 pay $15 in membership dues. There are three ways to pay the dues:
1. Pay at one of the monthly meetings.
2. Mail a check to the treasurer. (Email her for the address.)
3. Pay via PayPal ($1 is added to cover PP fees)
Use of our extensive lending library is one of the most attractive membership benefits we offer. Our collection includes books, videos, DVDs, and tools. Library items have a one month loan period.
In order to encourage timely return of materials, we have a system of fines. The late fees are:
- New videos in high demand, $5/month
- Other items, $1/month
New members may check out library materials at the second meeting they attend. Current members may contact the librarian via the Contacts page and reserve an item for checkout at the next meeting.